What is award interpretation & the National Employment Standards (NES)?
Modern awards are set by Fair Work and provide pay rates and conditions of employment such as leave, overtime and shift work entitlements. It sets out the minimum terms relevant to a role, on top of the National Employment Standards (NES)
Your employees’ remuneration changes based on their age and employment type – be it casual/part time/full time. As well as varying rosters, you also need to factor in loadings for weekends, after hours, overtime, as well as calculate superannuation entitlements.
The National Employment Standards (NES) are the 10 minimum standards of employment which cover the following:
- Maximum weekly hours of work
- Requests for flexible working arrangements
- Parental leave and related entitlements
- Annual leave
- Personal/carer’s leave, compassionate leave, and family and domestic violence leave
- Community service leave
- Long service leave
- Public holidays
- Notice of termination and redundancy pay
- Provision of a Fair Work Information Statement
At Bespoke Payroll, our suite of software solutions include automated award interpretation so you’ll always be compliant, even as awards evolve. Reach out to one of our team to find out how your business can benefit from our services